Thursday, January 18, 2018

what to pack: Disney!

Our family LOVES to visit Disney World. It's one of our favorite yearly traditions. We go every Thanksgiving and every year we seem to have more fun than the year before.  Every time I go I always get so many questions from readers about what to pack to Disney.  Packing for Disney can be super tricky with Florida weather. Since we usually go during fall/winter it's never scorching hot (though I have heard the horror stories of when it is super hot there).  We usually have warm afternoons with chilly mornings and nights.  And usually a few sprinkles are inevitable as well.

When I pack for Disney I always make sure I have PLENTY of layers. A denim jacket, a rain jacket, a sweatshirt and a cardigan are always safe bets. Then from there I make sure I have comfortable basics on hand like denim shorts, an easy day dress, sneakers and a few t-shirts.  For a day in the parks I like to wear a pair of shorts or jeans (for cooler days) with a t-shirt or tank and a top layer depending on the weather. Then for evenings at Disney Springs I always like to include a dress or I love this comfy looking romper and an extra layer like this denim jacket for outdoor dining and shopping. Sneakers are a MUST for the day time, for nights or around the pool a simple pair of sandals is perfect.

I always pack this bag to carry in the parks.  It holds a lot of stuff (like snacks, water bottles, and extra chargers for days in the park or towels, books and spf for days at the pool) and has a zip top for those wild rides (wink, wink). Then I like to make sure I pack a little clutch for dinners out or for when my shoulder can't manage one more minute of a heavy bag.  Of course a little pool time is a necessity to rest those tired feet so I'm always sure to pack a comfortable bathing suit and a hat.

Every year I look for a cute Mickey shirt to buy before I go and usually come up empty handed (what's up with that!?!?).  This past trip I snagged this men's tee in a small and it was perfect!





 

site design by kiki co.